Is your child struggling in school? Do you need help caring for an elderly parent or are you struggling just to make ends meet? Are you looking for financial assistance with your gas or rent bill?
Call 2-1-1 or 614-221-2255 to reach thousands of social service, government and community resources in Franklin County to address any problem you might be facing. You can also visit our free online database here.
HandsOn Central Ohio maintains a comprehensive, up-to-date database of federal, state and local government agencies, and community-based, private, and nonprofit organizations. HandsOn Central Ohio's database contains more than 5,000 programs and services more than 2,100 ongoing volunteer opportunities at more than 1,200 organizations.
Certified specialists can access this database and assist callers with a number of situations. The types of agencies and organizations available to help include:
- Basic Human Needs Resource: Food or clothing pantries, shelters, rent assistance, utility assistance.
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: Health programs, Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention, rehabilitation.
- Employment Supports: Financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, education programs.
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities: Adult day care, congregate meals, Meals on Wheels, respite care, home health care, transportation, homemaker services.
- Support for Children, Youth and Families: Childcare, after school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services.
Free and confidential, 2-1-1 is available throughout Franklin County 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Information also is available via TTY services and in various languages, including Spanish and Somali.