JOB TITLE: Homeless Hotline (HH) Program Manager
DEPARTMENT: Community Insights
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Community Insights
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt Updated: 02.01.2016
DESCRIPTION: The HH Program Manager would be responsible for realizing HandsOn Central Ohio’s role in helping homeless adults and families find emergency shelter in times of need and provide day to day leadership and direction to the HH Call Center staff and Family Resource Center.
The role will be accountable for scheduling all shifts to ensure wait times and abandoned rates are minimal and per guidelines agreed upon by HandsOn and the Community Shelter Board (CSB). They will also build and sustain a positive and creative work environment with all partners and stakeholders to ensure the efficiency of the program.
• Supervisory experience in a human service field and or incoming call center
• A bachelor’s degree in social work or similar experience
• Ability to multitask
• Excellent communication skills
• Creates and maintain schedule for HH personnel on all shifts to ensure average wait times and abandoned rates are at a minimal and within guidelines agreed upon by HandsOn and CSB
• Create and maintain schedule for Family Resource Center personnel on all shifts to ensure appointment times are at a minimal and within guideline agreed upon by HandsOn and CSB
• Conduct ongoing training for new and existing programs to ensure homeless clients are served quickly, respectfully and efficiently
• Attend Adult System Operations Workgroup (ASOW) meetings and any others which are facilitated by CSB or other advocate agencies of the homeless population
• Conduct monthly diversion workgroup meetings with HH staff and address any deficiencies with personnel who do not meet or exceed their diversion rate goals
• Coordinate and conduct quarterly meetings with shelter providers and outreach organizations to ensure HH is efficiently working to help serve the homeless community
• In collaboration with Senior Director of Community Insights, interview and hire new personnel
• Conduct performance reviews and counsel HH staff when needing corrective action for poor performance
• Review daily, weekend and holiday phone reports to ensure wait times are within guidelines and schedule adherence is followed by HH staff
• In event of emergency, coordinate with Senior Director of Community Insights, to ensure HH staff is available to take calls in alternate location, if necessary (their home office)
• Meet monthly with Senior Director of Community Insights to review call center data, program efficiencies and other topics as they relate to HH and HandsOn
• Answers incoming HH calls when needed, coverage for lunches and unexpected absence from team members, etc.
• All other duties as assigned
• Three (3) year human services or call center experience including progressively responsible personnel management
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, communications, or related field preferred
• Availability to contribute to 24-hour coverage, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ability to speak other languages other than English is a plus
• Proficient computer skills and ability to work simultaneously in various databases
• Excellent work ethic and ability to interact with diverse populations in a polite and courteous manner
Submit cover letter, resume and 3 references no later than Sunday, February 14, 2016 to:
ATTN: Human Resources
HandsOn Central Ohio
195 N. Grant Av, Columbus, OH 43215
HandsOn Central Ohio is an equal opportunity employer.
Unfortunately, because of the volume of applicants we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly by the hiring manager on or before February 22, 2016.