JOB TITLE: Information and Referral Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Community Insights
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Information & Referral Call Center Services
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
HOURLY RATE: $10.92
SUMMARY: I&R Specialist answers incoming calls from community members in need and refer them to public programs using multiple database systems. This position requires compassion, patience, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answer incoming phone calls on various service lines from those in need of basic needs, education, healthcare resources, etc.
• Provide advocacy for callers experiencing barriers to service
• Document all calls including collecting demographics and entering data accurately into databases
• Answer information requests received via email, postal mail, voicemail and social media
• Respond as necessary in the event of a disaster or emergency, up to and including providing referrals from an alternate location
• Direct callers to appropriate crisis intervention services, including domestic violence and potential suicide
• Attend staff meeting and trainings
• All other duties as assigned.
• One (1) year human services or call center experience
• Ability to speak other languages other than English is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, communications, or related field preferred
• Proficient computer skills and ability to work simultaneously in various databases
• Excellent work ethic and ability to interact with diverse populations in a polite and courteous manner
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Submit cover letter, resume and 3 references by Wednesday, September 30, 2015 to:
HandsOn Central Ohio
195 N. Grant Av, Columbus, OH 43215